Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Chrysalis

So as March rolls in, I realize that my due date is approaching.

Unfortunately, a due date that now means jack shit.

The friends who found out they were pregnant the same time I did are blissfully rounded, have their babies correctly gendered and even named, and are counting down the days until they hold their miracles to their breast and inhale that sweet baby smell.

If we had gotten pregnant when we started trying, we would have a 3 month old child now. If we hadn’t miscarried, I would be 8 months pregnant.

I was due in April. I was fully prepared to feel sorry for myself. To allow myself a bout of depression and perhaps even a frank discussion with God. I was preparing to mourn the baby we didn’t get to deliver on April 12th.

And then I realized…

I realized that April 12th is Easter Sunday.



Yes! A day to shed your mourning and find hope.

A day to give glory to God!

What a sign this must be!

God gave His Son and then raised Him from the dead for me. He loves me and wants me to be happy. He treasures our unborn child in heaven. And He will bless us with beautiful, healthy babies, I know this in my heart.

Easter is coming… and I too, will be reborn!

5 comments:

Kristin Kneupper said...

Wow. How amazing is that?! You certainly brought big ole crocodile tears to my face. I can't wait until the day when you are blissfully round!! Love you!

Courtney said...

This is just beautiful Chels. You are totally right.

Lauren Lea Warren said...

You are so great! It is so true, what you say. You are showing such great strength and faith. We all can learn so much from your journey. I know I have. Grace be to God and all he has given us. Love you!

Jessica said...

Chelsea - I was blog hopping this afternoon because clearly I had nothing better to do on a Saturday afternoon and I read this post and got tears in my eyes. I found your blog through Kristen who mentioned a little about this post in our bible study Thursday...when she talked about what you wrote I got goosebumps all over....I just had to stalk you down and read this post. I pray that I can faith like you and I will be praying for you guys.

....I hope you don't think I'm a creepy blog stalker.....

Chelsea Lietz said...

Jessica... if you read this in your blog stalking... thank you. I am deeply touched. We truly appreciate your prayers. And any friend of Kristin's is a friend of mine. Christian friends are an extra special treasure.
(and don't worry, I totally blog stalk, too. in fact I'm off to have a peek at yours...)

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits