Friday, March 27, 2009

The Lord Giveth and the Lord Taketh Away

It seems just as I have positive news to share, I must rain on the parade. For a week my HCG levels went up and the doctor was positive, but then they stopped. Alas, this baby is not meant for our arms either.

Chromosomal abnormalities just mean the baby wasn't perfectly formed. We will undergo more tests, but most likely nothing is wrong with us and it was just nature taking it's course.

Thank you to our dear friends and family who shared our joy, sent up earnest prayers, and gave us love and support. I am so blessed to have the best husband in the world.

This happened for a reason. God wants us to have a perfect baby, and He has a plan. I am trying to get my soul back to the peaceful place I was when I wrote this Chrysalis post. I am trying to be strong in my faith. But for now I feel weak and broken.

Yet still optimistic about our future as parents...

9 comments:

Kristin Kneupper said...

We're here for you honey. Now and always! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Chelsea & Skip--we're thinking of you and wrapping our arms around you. Hugs & much love! Jenni & Pete

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry! And, we're all here for you!

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry sweetie. Much love! Heidi

sissy000 said...

Chelsea and Skip,
We are so sorry for your loss.
You two have such a strong and beautiful marriage, you will get through this together. God DOES have a plan for many HEALTHY Lietz babies!
We love you.
Mom and Dad Kane

Sarah said...

Chelsea & Skip,

I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I am here for you!!

Sarah & Mike

Jessica said...

Chelsea I have been out of the blogging word since Wordless Wednesday but I was praying for you and hoping this would be your perfect baby. I am so sorry that you are having to go through this and my heart breaks for you. I will be praying that you will be able to find your Chrysalis peace again soon.

Rebekah said...

Chelsea I just recently came across your blog and will be praying for you and your husband!

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits