Monday, May 18, 2009

444

444 days of trying to have a baby. {sigh}

I seriously thought we would be parents by now. Real parents, not the people that call their dogs their children and spoil them rotten. {ahem, we would never do such a thing}

Everyone around us knows how badly we want a baby. They are all supportive and positive and behind us in prayer.

My adorable loving husband is the most understanding man in the world. He has been so great about this whole process.

My friends Kristin and Lauren Lea check in on me often and say prayers specially for us. It makes me cry just thinking about their pure hearts and overflowing compassion. I can't wait for the 3 of us to raise our children together.

My inlaws offer medical support and advice, always positive and always excited about their first grandchild.

My "TTC" friends on yuku are ever-supportive and understanding. They hold my hand on good days and bad.

My blog readers are always upbeat and cheer me with comments and stories.

My friend Shyla gave me a rose quartz bracelet with a turtle on it. These are meant to promote fertility, and then protect mother and baby. I gave her one when she was trying to get pregnant, and she has now doubly blessed this gift by giving me a bracelet and wearing one herself in my honor.

My parents are always there for us, too. Even offering to help us financially when medical bills threaten to drown us. They see no price too high for another healthy grandchild to love.

You see, I'm a Daddy's Girl. It is something so trite I hate to mention it, but he has a special place in my heart. He knows how emotional I can be about wanting to be a mother. We are close, as I work with him every day. Today, sitting in the office...


Dad: "Pook, do you really, really want to get pregnant?"
Me: {already swallowing down a lump in my throat} "Yes, I really do."
Dad: "This is going to do the trick." {holding up two matching 'Fisher of Men' bracelets} "Father-Daughter bracelets." {we put them on}
Dad: "So, do you feel pregnant yet?"
Me: "Give me a couple of weeks."
Dad: "Just checking. I didn't know how powerful they were..."




Isn't he the sweetest?! As you can see, we both already wore one from our 'Walk to Emmaus' retreats. But these are extra special!


I didn't even come close to mentioning everyone who has been supporting us and loving us. But you know who you are. Thank you, thank you, thank you. God brought you into our life for a very special reason. And we love you.



"And he said unto them, 'Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."
-Matthew 4:19

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another of my favorite blogs is "4 Little Men and Girly Twins." Yep, this super cool mom has 4 young sons and twin daughters. She also loves photography and she does something called a random picture challenge. You see, she gives a folder number and photo number... then you go to that photo folder on your computer, click that photo and post it! Recently she said Folder 9, Photo 18... and I was tickeled pink with my result!



This is Kaylee and Julia visiting Aunt Chelsea's house 2 summers ago. After chocolate cupcakes, they most certainly needed a bath. Cute coppertone butts, huh?!

5 comments:

D. Leos said...

I found your blog by reading Kouper Shane's blog. (I am an acquaintance of his mom's). I am 41 years old, on my second marriage and just had a miscarriage this past Sunday. I was 16 weeks and 4 days along. Tomorrow, Wednesday, we were going to find out what the sex of our child was. Now I guess we are going to see if the doctor can determine why I miscarried. I just wanted to say that I am glad I found your blog and can relate to some of what you are experiencing. God knows the desire of your heart, so I can't wait to read when you get pregnant!

The Beasons said...

Awww, what a sweet Dad you have! That made me tear up big time! Not only will baby Lietz have awesome parents, but he/she will have amazing grandparents as well! So blessed!

Jessica said...

what an awesome Dad you have! Kristin and Lauren Lea are awesome woman of God, I have learned so much from them the past few months! Keep your head up Daddy's girl!

(and you gotta love those baby booties, too cute!!! They are going to hate you for that picture when they get older!!)

Melissa said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you - I too have a genetic mutation - the MTHFR and had 2 miscarriages before finally having our son - he will be 1 next month. It is truly hard to have issues conceiving, it took us 17 cycles of actively trying - the first miscarriage we were actually preventing so we count after that initial time. Both of the miscarriages were within the first 8 or so weeks but i know how hard it can be, I really do understand. My thoughts are with you and I will pray for a happy and healthy pregnancy and a bouncing baby!!!

Kristin Kneupper said...

What a great post (as usual!). I feel equally as lucky to have you to be by side. You've got one great daddy, so thoughtful and caring! All of this support helps for sure. I hope and pray that this will be the time. No matter what, you WILL hold baby Lietz in your arms before too long and all of this will be worth it.

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits