Thursday, June 18, 2009

Inquiring Minds Want to Know...


I've gotten a multitude of questions about this pregnancy- either on the blog, by email, or in person. I think I've answered them all!
I might as well get used to answering the same ones over and over for the next 7 months or so, huh?!


When did you find out you were pregnant?
Tuesday, May 26th… though I had an inkling the day before.

Do you know when/where you conceived?
Sure do… but that is our business, thankyouverymuch!

How far along?
We are seven weeks today. (about 231 days to go!) This makes the baby due in early February. (just what our family needs… another February birthday!) Conceived around our third wedding anniversary, and due around Daddy’s 29th birthday! {calling him Daddy just made me tear up!}

How did you conceive?
Naturally; we did not need IUI or IVF, despite what my OB said. But I did take the fertility pill, clomid. The old-fashioned way did the trick!

Is there a risk of miscarriage?
Yes, there is always a risk, for anyone, up until we bring that baby home from the hospital. But it is a good sign that we’ve made it this far, my doctor is taking precautions, and we choose to only think positively! We decided to let go & let God.
{a little note on this… when I tell you I’m pregnant and you immediately ask about miscarriage or show fear that I might miscarry again, this makes me never want to share my good news with you again… I think friends should always try to be supportive and positive. You Negative Nellies stay away from me!}

How far along were you when you miscarried before?
The first time I was 6 weeks and 3 days, the second time I was 6 weeks. But the second pregnancy was never a healthy one as my hcg never got above 200. This time around, my hcg levels are very healthy and very high. I also have nausea for the first time.

What about the blood clotting issues?
You know how I hate needles and sometimes pass out when I give blood? Well, I’m giving myself twice daily injections of Heparin. {sticking needles in myself! sticking needles in myself! sticking needles in myself! twice a day!}
This will thin my blood and prevent clots. These will continue throughout the entire pregnancy and then I’ll be on medication post-delivery and while breastfeeding. My tummy is covered in black and blue bruises, but it is so worth it!

How do you feel?
I’m always very tired, and I get queasy pretty often. I’ve never been so happy to be nauseous! We all know “morning sickness” is a misnomer, but first thing in the morning seems to be the only time I’m not sick! I’ve yet to toss my cookies… but I see it in my near future since I still have about 5 more weeks of it getting worse before it gets better. Oh well, I’ll be thankful with every retch!

Any cravings?
Not yet… but I most certainly have aversions. Even if it sounds great one minute, I might change my mind the next. Ick… I feel gross just thinking about this.

Were you doing acupuncture when you conceived?
Yes, the last two times I got preggers, I was doing acupuncture once a week. I truly believe that it increases blood flow first to the ovaries to promote healthy ovulation, and then to the uterus to encourage implantation. I am still doing it once a week through my first trimester to build a healthy uterine lining, discourage miscarriage, and decrease nausea. If you read my original acupuncture post, you know how much I love it!

Do you want a boy or a girl?
We slightly prefer a boy first… but of course we are just praying for any healthy baby! (yes, I’m aware of how trite that sounds)

Will you find out the sex?
Abso-freakin-lutely!!!! I wanted to know, like… yesterday. In fact…did you see my intelligender post? I’m dying to know. It looks like we won’t do that little experiment… but we WILL find out at our 20 week ultrasound! (mid/late September, hopefully!)

Have you thought about names?
Our names are set… basically since before we got married! But I’m thinking we will share the name once we know the sex. (if we spilled to you before… surprise! we changed the girl name!)

What’s next?
Our next ultrasound is Wednesday the 24th. We should see the fetal pole and the heartbeat. I’ll be 7 weeks, 6 days. But I’m guessing I will measure about 7 weeks, 3 days since I ovulate late and was measuring about 3 days behind at the first u/s. We can’t wait to see Baby Lietz again! In fact, I’m hoping to be a human popsicle many times during this pregnancy- if they term me high risk, then I get lots of ultrasounds!

What else?
We are thrilled and singing our praises to God! God is good all the time. All the time, God is good. A very huge thank you to the many people out there praying for us. God’s flock is awe-inspiring!

10 comments:

Jeffry and Morgan said...

Yay, yay, yay!! Just to let you know, I had 2 healthy pregnancies, then a miscarriage, then my 3rd healthy pregnancy. So DON'T WORRY. You are doing exactly the right thing to let God take care of you and this baby. It is all in His hands anyway. I know how stressful it can be until you get to that "safe zone" past the first trimester; I've been there. I am praying for you and that special little angel...can't wait to find out if it's a him or a her!!

thenewsestnewsome said...

YAY! As for the heparin, I didnt realize you could get a stronger "mix" (less water or whatever the fluid they mix heparin with) and it burns a bit more, but MAN the bruising was very minimal. The first time, I was taking a full insulin needle worth twice a day and had silver dollar sized BLACK bruises. The next time, I took the same amount of heparin, but with less fluid, so it was 1/4 an insulin needle, and had pencil eraser sized light blue bruises. It burned more going in since it wasnt as diluted, but man, I'll take that any day!
Best wishes to you and your bean!

Michelle said...

joanna told me about your blog a while back and ive been following along semi-regularly. first, congrats on all your hard work...who ever thought it would be so hard to get knocked up?? second, a good friend of mine has been going through a similar situation trying to conceive and is now pregnant with twins. i dont know much about pregnancy and all the procedures you two have been through, but i do know she has to do the blood thinner shots too. and the bruising. and the nausea. and shes thankful for each of them too! you should check out her blog - shes on bedrest already and isnt due until early October, so she just started it. davidandaprilknight.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

I totally read this while getting a pedicure this morning and I was so excited! I learned so many new things, although I still want to know those baby names. Since you're being patient about the gender of the baby, I'll try my best to be patient about the names....it's gonna be hard!

Chris and Katherine said...

Our next ultrasound is next week, too! I'll be thinking about you all on Wednesday - enjoy hearing that beautiful (and very fast) little heartbeat. The benefit (if you want to call it that) of being "high-risk" is, like you said, you get to see your little one more often. It's nice to be reminded of how all your hard work has paid off! Good luck on Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Nausea Days are here. Just about the time you think this is the worst, you start getting hungry and then it's look out... You know that we are absolutely thrilled. I finally get to be the good guy... You can talk about how the baby is just terrible after being at our house. I can't wait!! This will be the most beautiful baby ever born. And I'm not prejudice at all. Mom D

Chelsea Lietz said...

THANKS EVERYONE!

Michelle- I visited your friend's site, thanks!

Melissa Trost said...

Hey I'm so excited for you!!! And if you want to blog stalk me send me your email address because I made mine private since I have so many pics of Rylan and references to our last name, etc. I don't want a crazy stalker to find it - just the fabulous stalkers like you! Can't wait to hear how your next sono goes and I LOL at the human popsicle! That is an excellent description. :)

Kristin Kneupper said...

Can't wait until you have a "bump"!!! Still praying for you and still thrilled to pieces! :)

Paige said...

Chels--continuing to keep you in my daily prayers. I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!

Love,
Paige

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits