Thursday, September 10, 2009

Showing & Glowing

Since I will be induced at 38 weeks, today is our half-way point!

Only 133 days until Kherington Grace arrives!

Eager as I am to meet her, I am truly enjoying this whole experience. I feel great… I feel maternal, magical, and blessed. God is using me for the most beautiful thing I could possibly imagine.

I call this stage “Showing and Glowing” because that is what people notice and comment on. My baby bump is now obvious and everyone says I look overjoyed.

I am.


I love showing. I love the knowing smiles that strangers give me as they pass. I love the children that point and whisper to their parents. I love the way Skip looks at me. I love how the check-out teens at HEB offer to help me with my groceries. I love the AARP judgmental types that see my belly and immediately look for my wedding ring. I don't even mind when people touch the belly.

I am always touching it myself. I rub it protectively. I run my fingers over it in amazement and gratitude. I imagine sending love from my palm to my daughter. And when Kherington kicks and rolls, my hand flies to that spot, thinking I can connect back with her.

Simply said, I’m in love.

I’m so very grateful to be creating this miracle with the man that I love. A man that is going to be an excellent father.

Skip and I may be half-way through this pregnancy journey, but we know that the best is yet to come… and together the three of us look joyously to the future.

12 comments:

The Nyberg Family said...

You have such a beautiful way with words Chelsea. So happy for you and Skip!

Much Love,
Heidi

Lauren Lea Warren said...

I agree with Heidi, you do describe it magically! I am so happy to see the bump, i love this time too! I wanna rub your belly and feel Kherington move too! hehe. I hope we can see each other when I come back to Texas next week!

sissy000 said...

Kherington is going to be a much loved child!
Love, Sissy and Tai Pan

The Beasons said...

SO. SWEET. Wow, what a difference from 16 to 19 weeks! Love the name, and so happy that you are so happy. :)

Jessica said...

I saw Kristin last night and she told me how excited you were to finally be wearing maternity clothes! I'm so happy for you, Chelsea! What an amazing thing.

Jen said...

Beautiful, Chelsea. Simply beautiful! xoxo

~Jenni

Jessica said...

you just got me all teary eyed, that was awesome!! What a cute little baby you have going on there. I am glad you are enjoying every second.

Anonymous said...

Well said, Chels!! Love you.
E

Casey said...

How cute! Absolutely love the belly pictures. I can't believe the difference from the last shot. Oh, and I love the name choice. What a cute little cow-girl she is going to be. I picture part princess, part tomboy. Happy for you guys!

Kristin Kneupper said...

Oh my goodness!! When you said that maternity clothes were your new best friends I had now idea that you really had a bump! What a beautiful thing! You look fabulous. It seems like your pregnancy is going fast... okay it had a very slow start, but now it's moovin' and groovin' along! I'm so happy for all three of you Lietzs!!!!!

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

Halfway there! Woohoo! Kherington Grace is doing some great growing! Congrats!

Bobbie said...

These are the posts that bring tears to my eyes. This is EXACTLY what I meant when I told you earlier, ..."someone who would appreciate it...", you are enjoying this for everything it is worth, as you should, and I am thrilled beyond words for y'all.

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits