Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Giving Thanks

As Thanksgiving brings in the Holiday Season, many of us find ourselves counting our blessings. {as well we should}

I have always had a great deal to be thankful for.

But this year I feel especially blessed.

Of course we are expecting the miracle we have prayed and waited for. God knows the joy and thanksgiving in my heart.

But I also feel overcome with gratitude for the people we have surrounded ourselves with. People that reflect God to the world.

People that are overwhelmingly generous.

This generosity started with prayer. Hundreds of people prayed for us during our struggles with miscarriage and our deep desire to start a family. Even strangers. Strangers were generous enough to pray for us. When we became pregnant for the third time, they continued to pray and have not stopped. Even if their own prayers had not yet been answered, they rejoiced in prayer for us. Generous hearts, no question.

We would not be where we are today without the generosity of our parents. Their love and support held us together and gave us hope. When our medical bills threatened to drown us, our parents were there to help raise us up. They are there for us every day… praying, guiding, supporting, and loving.

Trusted friends are my confidantes and sources of information concerning all things pregnancy/baby. My Yuku friends are irreplaceable. Kristin has never minded a stupid question texted to her at 11 pm, even though she is raising 3 young boys. Lauren, Bobbie, and my sisters are always open and honest as well. More generous friends cannot be found.

As we prepare for Kherington’s arrival, the generosity has spread beyond prayers and support. Jenny was willing to help us paint the nursery. Shyla, Brittany, and my Godmother Susan have generously offered to host baby showers. Friends and family attend these showers and again reflect generosity and joy.

But I must admit that I am most overcome with the generosity of hand-me-downs. It began with my sister Shannon offering the use of her baby furniture. I love that the crib comes with teeth marks from my niece and nephew. My sister-in-law Kelly stepped up, letting us borrow/have some of Harper’s baby things.

And I have oodles of hand-me-downs from Bobbie, Candee, Shyla, and A’Laura… including maternity clothes, baby clothes, toys, baby gear, furniture, layette, and more!

I’m beginning to understand that it is already taking a village to raise our sweet daughter.

And I couldn’t be more thankful that our village is inhabited by the most generous of God’s people.

4 comments:

Jen said...

You are so sweet Chelsea and I'm so happy for you as you know. Can't wait to meet Kherington!!!

dkane said...

We are thankful for Skip, Chelsea, and Kherington. God is working through you to minister to others in need. You give back more than you receive. We love you. Mom and Dad, Sissy and TaiPan

Kristin Kneupper said...

You haven't even had a stupid question silly girl! Thank you so much for being such a compassionate friend. I'm so blessed to have you in my life. Love you.

Bobbie said...

I told you, you only get what you deserve! You are such a blessing to all your friends and family and we love all 3 of y'all. I will be making an extra special trip back to meet Miss Kherington:)

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits