Thursday, February 11, 2010

Parent Products


These are a few of my favorite things...
{can you say that without singing it? 'cuz I sure can't!}


Moby Wrap… I LOVE babywearing… and this carrier rocks. We’ve tried several different holds, including a breastfeeding hold that allows you to nurse without anyone knowing what is going on.



Infantino Sling… easy in and out… I use it shopping, running errands, and at church.


Nursing Sleep Bras… comfortable yet supportive… I couldn’t sleep without them!


Aquaphor Ointment… for diaper rash, dry skin, chapped lips, etc, etc… doc says this is best and it hasn’t let us down yet.


Woombie… I know it looks almost inhumane, but Kherington LOVES it! It is like a swaddle with stretchy, breathable material that truly mimics the womb




Lanolin… hello my good friend!



The Arm’s Reach Mini Co-Sleeper… a lifesaver at night. I don’t even have to get out of bed to feed and change Miss K. It was extremely helpful for recovering from a C Section. Much safer than co-sleeping, her own crib is attached to my bed.



Hand-me-downs… Kherington has yet to wear anything I’ve purchased. It has all been hand-me-downs and a few gifts. Have I mentioned that we love hand-me-downs?!



Etsy Handmade Creations… when I do shop for my princess, I love the handmade treasures on etsy.com. I’ve gotten her some really cute headbands, hats, and pillowcase dresses. Everything is affordable, and I’m supporting stay at home moms and independent business owners.



Things that aren't living up to my expectations...



The Miracle Blanket… granted, it is an excellent swaddling blanket… but way too complicated for 3 am. I prefer the simpler ones for nighttime.



Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump… well, it isn’t terrible. But it won’t suffice. I’m going to break down and get an electric pump.


Lily Padz… sounds great on paper, even comfortable to wear… these sticky plastic pads hold in leaks and don’t show like bulky disposable pads. However, I still leak a little, and then my nipples are just sitting there in milk for hours… which leads to MUCH SORENESS! Maybe they will be useful in a few months…



Things I will love... {once we get around to using them}


Breastflow Bottles by The First Years… when we introduce bottles, I think these will mimic a breast well and help limit nipple confusion.



BOB Revolution Jogging Stroller… well, I don’t actually have one yet. Anyone looking to sell theirs? :-)

4 comments:

Kristin Kneupper said...

Lots of goodies there! I'm glad you love the Moby wrap!! Babywearing is the best.

Rosalie and David said...

moby wrap are definitly the best, i have the israeli version called a tinokis (baby pocket). it's amazing. one other comment, as far as bottles goes, i also thought that one would be the best, but itai hated it and didn't know what to do with the strange shape. he much prefers avent or mam, he also uses a mam pacifer though. but anyway that's my two cents if it's worth anything. glad to see pics of that little princess, it makes me newborn sick all over again, which is a scary thought. anyway she looks amazing!

Jessica said...

I have held a baby in a infantino sling before and I loved every moment of it. I look forward to "wearing" my babies one of these days.... :)

Dan said...

I'm writing this because you commented over on Xbox's site congratulating him and E for their baby.

I'm putting this on this post because it's a little bit down the page and I don't want him to see it :)

A while ago, before Martin's (xbox4nappyrash) wife got pregnant I promised I would post a youtube video of me singing "Yes" by Mcalomont & Butler whilst accompanying myself on the ukulele to celebrate the birth of their child.

This will not be a pretty sight as I can neither sing, nor really play the ukulele (this isn't false modesty - I really can't).

However what I thought might make it really cool would be instead of just a straight video I put together a montage of videos shot by readers of his blog and fellow walkers all celebrating - i.e. dancing, sticking thumbs up, cheering, holding up signs, that sort of thing. It would have to be something that would work without sound as I would put my (awful) soundtrack over the top of it.

It would be great if you could participate. If you send me a short 5-15 second video clip (or at a push a photo, but a video would be much better) along with your name and blog then I'll put it together with other submissions and get something ready for the end of the week. I think it would be a really nice thing to do for martin to show him and E how pleased we are for him. and Martin has been incredibly supportive of me and my various projects in the past.

However I realise this isn't the sort of thing a lot of people are comfortable with and so would understand completely if you don't want to do it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. You can email me at dghughes28@yahoo.co.uk

Dan.

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits