Sunday, April 18, 2010

Love


There are so many things I love about being a parent... so many things I love about my daughter.
I know they are the same things that millions of parents before me have enjoyed.
But to me they are new and beautiful and blessedly mine.
To me, they are all the more sweet because we dreamed of them for so long. To me, life doesn’t get any better than this. Love doesn’t get any purer than this.

I love the way she fits perfectly in the crook of my neck.

I love how happy she is to see me in the morning.

I love her chubby legs with rolls.

I love her milky breath on my cheek.

I love the moment she sighs and her body goes limp in total relaxation.

I love the taste of her name in my mouth.

I love her innocent and trusting eyes.


I love when she grins at me while nursing.

I love nibbling her baby feet.

I love when she smiles and laughs at her daddy.

I love blogging about her, so that I’ll always remember these precious moments.

I love the way she smells after a bath.

I love kissing her on the mouth and watching her reaction.

I love when she stretches and groans.

I love singing her worship songs.


I love our early morning snuggles.

I love seeing myself in her.

I love that her whole life is in front of her and I have the whole world to show her.

4 comments:

Kristin Kneupper said...

Beautiful! You never really understand until you're holding your own flesh and blood. Beyond amazing!

Jessica said...

I think that every woman who longs to feel this should. I'm so glad that you have your blessing now!

Maria Claudia said...

All of it..so true! You brought tears to my eyes b/c you captured exactly how I feel too! She's adorable! Enjoy :)

Kristi said...

This is beautiful! What incredible gifts our children are, huh. God is amazing isn't he, for loaning them to us? To teach us about love, sacrifice, and life lessons...that we then pour into our children. Thank you for sharing!
(I found you thru Leelou!)

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits