Monday, June 28, 2010

Getting Back from Giving Back

I've been a volunteer with Big Brothers, Big Sisters of America for 4 years. I've been matched with my current little sister, Elisa, for 3 years next week.

Photobucket

98% of the time I loooove being a Big.
Elisa and I have a great relationship and I truly feel like I can make a positive difference in her life. I make her a better person and she does the same for me. And we have a blast.

But I won't lie, there are the times when I'm exhausted and don't feel like driving the half hour each way to see her. Times I have to deal with her less than perfect family. Times when her teenage attitude rubs me the wrong way.

And many, many times when I think I can't take one more millisecond of Radio Disney.

But I always suck it up, and I'm always glad I did.

Especially when she goes and does something like this...



And that, my friends, is worth all the Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber in the world...



1 comment:

KrisKay said...

Ummm hello... what's wrong with Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus?? They're my FAVORITES!

That's awesome Chels... what an inspiration.

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits