Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reflections on Christmas

I’m not really writing this right now… you know, because I’m drinking a Corona on the beach in Mexico at the moment!

I’m sorry, I’m not bragging.

Wait… of course I am.

We opened presents under a palm tree on Christmas Day, wearing swim suits and sunglasses.

Life is good!

Remember my plan to spend only cash, shop at mom & pop stores, give some handmade gifts, buy from charitable organizations, and the like?

I did it.

I also did 95% of my shopping online. I only spent $19.50 on shipping costs, and I made $52 cash back on ebates. I’m quite pleased with myself!

Sometimes I bitch about shopping. But I don’t dislike buying gifts for people. I love to find something thoughtful and exciting! I just don’t like wandering around a crowded store, choosing something just because it will suffice.

I truly enjoyed watching my loved ones open our gifts this year. It really is better to give than to receive. Especially if you didn’t have to elbow your way through one single mall to do the giving!

No Holiday hangover here!

{well… maybe… but not from shopper’s remorse!}

:-)

No comments:

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits