Friday, December 3, 2010

Trial by Fire

We learn about parenting from our friends, our parents, our doctors, books, television, observation, etc.

But some things you just have to learn as you go.

And sometimes we discover nifty little tricks along the way that make life easier.

For example, my friend Kristin discovered that a king size pillowcase makes the perfect sheet for an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper mattress. (saving $15 per sheet)

I discovered that in a pinch, a baby wipe makes an effective and gentle eye makeup remover.

So, I'm curious...

What have you learned? Do share!

2 comments:

KrisKay said...

It's an ever-evolving learning process, that's for sure! I take any and all advice on how to make things work more easily! Those baby wipes are clutch in a plethora of situations! I think that I'll still have them around even after my babies aren't babies any more!

Mel Bowman said...

If I know I'm going to be in a hurry the next day, I dress my son for bed in the shirt I want him to wear the next day. Then I just have to throw on his pants, socks, and shoes, and off we go! It works great when they start getting indecisive about what they want to wear, which always seems to happen when you're most in a hurry :).

I also use CJ's travel trench when we're going to be in and out of the car because it's faster than a coat and much safer for children in car seats. http://www.cjsewingroom.com/?cat=3

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits