Thursday, February 24, 2011

And God Said...

I have blogged before about sibling spacing.


Before children, Skip and I talked about having kids 3-4 years apart. After Kherington, that dwindled down to 2.5 years.


So we decided we will start “actively” trying to conceive late this summer.


For the last nine months, we have not been preventing pregnancy. With our chances of conceiving less than 2% a month, me breastfeeding, and no pharmaceutical or medical help, we know our odds are really low. We also know that if we get pregnant, that would be a blessing, not an “oops.”


So we have our plan for this summer.

We have no idea if getting pregnant again will be easy, or another 2.5 year medical nightmare with tears and heartache.

But we have a loose plan and we trust God.

We put our family in His hands.


And God said….







Photobucket


SURPRISE!


I know!

I must have double-checked those two pink lines at least 100 times myself.

{Note: this isn't facebook news quite yet!}



Photobucket


In early October Kherington will become a Big Sister.

20{ish} months apart. Yikes! What an adventure!


We conceived Kherington on our third anniversary. We learned we were pregnant with her on Memorial Day.


This time we conceived on our daughter’s first birthday. And we learned we were pregnant on Skip’s thirtieth birthday.


And I think that is pretty special.


It might not be what we had planned.


But it turns out we like God’s plan better, anyway!

17 comments:

J-Berg said...

I've been lurking on your blog for what seems like forever.... Congratulations! What an amazing blessing!

AFGS said...

Wow, congratulations!!! (don't tell Kherington when her sibling was conceived though! That might require future therapy, lol.)

Jenni said...

I love it!!! Congrats my friend. K will make an amazing big sister!!!

Brooke said...

So excited!!!!! Congrats Chels & Skip!!! Ms. Kherington will be the best big sisiter!!!

Leslie said...

Congrats on the new addition!!

Lauren Lea Warren said...

wooohoooo!!!!!

Kent and Jenna said...

Awesome!! Congrats!

Jessica said...

I almost started crying when I read this today!!!

I am so so so so so excited for you guys I can't even stand myself!!

God is SO good.

Joanna said...

Congratulations on the news! What an amazing story.

Also nerd alert: While reading the post, this funny thing happened -- you wrote, "We had no idea if getting pregnant..." and I thought, it's weird that she used the past tense. It's so NOT like Chelsea to include a grammatical error. By the end I realized why past tense was appropriate!

Maria Claudia said...

Soooo excited for you guys! Congratulations :)

Rosalie and David said...

wow wow wow!! such great unexpected news! so excited for all three of you, G-d is trully great!

praguegirl said...

Hi, Bobbie Sanchez forwarded me your link. I had a very LONG infertility battle as well, so I am reading your blog from the beginning and can relate to so much of what you say...especially the Feb. post about all the ways your friend told you to get pregnant. Anyway, my story is on my blog if you are interested in reading it. Lots of clomid, IUI's, failed attempts, etc. and we have a healthy 5 month old (took us 2 1/2 years) and we are trying for #2 now. Congrats on your newest pregnancy.

praguegirl said...

Hi. Bobbie Sanchez forwarded your blog link to me. I love your story. I'm currently at your Feb. post of all the things your friends told you to get pregnant. I can relate to everything you've said. After 2 1/2 years of Clomid, progesterone, metformin, failed IUI's, HSG's (I did get pregnant right after like your doctor said, but m/c), etc. we finially got pregnant of a "break" cycle and now have a happy, healthly 5 month old. Anyway, my infertility story is in my blog if you are intersted in reading it. Congrats on your newest 'lil peanut taking residence up in your belly.

Amy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I have tears in my eyes right now, I'm so happy for you guys. Clint and I talk about spacing our kids all the time, as if we have a say in it :) What a blessing; so excited for y'all.

Kouper Shane said...

The Kneuppers are BEYOND thrilled for the expanding Lietz family!

The Trost's said...

I haven't checked blogs in a while and am so excited to see this post! My girls are 22 months apart, and I love it! Most of the days I even stay sane!

3 dogs and a baby said...

I'm just catching up on blogs, congratulations!! Very exciting news!

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits