Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly


Clearly, that is not "the ugly."  In fact it is the most beee-yoootiful unborn baby I've seen in the last 14 months. ("he" is facing down, head on the right, knees to belly, hands in mouth)

The Good:
I saw the high risk doc today and baby looks great! "She" is snug and comfortable in there.  Not too keen on us poking and prodding, but I did see one cute profile shot.
Dr. McFarland agrees that I don't need the heparin!!!  Hip, Hip, Hooray!
She does, however, want to monitor me monthly. (lots of level 2 and 3D ultrasounds!)
She agrees that VBAC might be an option for me.
I feel really comfortable knowing that baby and I are in such good hands.
We should find out the sex May 3rd!

The Bad:
She is still considering me high risk.

The Ugly:
It turns out the maternity insurance we had last time was worth it.  Even without heparin, we are looking at a minimum of $1,000 a month in medical care. And then the hospital bills. ouch.

Anybody need commercial real estate, a photographer, or insurance?!   :-)

But you know what?  Look at how the good outweighs the bad!  That is because GOD IS GOOD!

3 comments:

Bobbie said...

Yes He is! He will make it all work! I <3 McFarland:)

KrisKay said...

I heart McFarland too!! And it's a HE! :) We need some boy buddies up in here!

Mel Bowman said...

I'm glad everything is going so well! I am curious why they are considering you high risk if they feel comfortable enough not prescribing heparin. At least you'll get lots of ultrasounds to keep a good look at baby! I had 20 with my son and I cherish the photos.

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits