Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dear Baby

Dear Baby Sister,


That's right! This morning we learned you are another sweet baby girl.


We are overjoyed! Elated! Eager!


It is so nice to be able to call you by name, to envision your future self.  Your sweet name rolls off of my tongue and washes over my belly.  Over and around you.


I love having you this close to me. Your movements give me a sense of magic and wonder. I already feel our bond... our hearts racing along together amidst the woosh of blood and life-giving sounds.


We're in this together, you and I.


But when you arrive, you won't believe how lucky you are. You are going to have the coolest big sister and the most amazing Daddy.  So many people already love you. 


I feel like I already know you, too.  But of course that fun part is still to come. For the rest of our lives! I get to marvel at the creation that is purely you.

I can't wait to see how you and your sister are alike. And how you differ. How your own personality shines through, uniquely yours.


So much awaits us, baby girl!  But I'm not going to rush it. Because I cherish this part, just you and I. Mother and daughter. We are letting God perform His work. His miracle. Everything has its season.  And this is ours.


You are going to bring more joy and laughter and love to a home that is already overflowing with these blessings. Life just doesn't get any better than that. 

And you won't believe how heartbreakingly beautiful life is.

There are so many things I will show you!  

So many spectacular books and poets, songwriters, artists, thinkers, dancers. So many things for us to experience... foods, horseback riding, rainbows, different cultures around the world.

So many things people have fought for and died for… flowered pastures we can run laughing into the heart of and star strewn Texas skies we can dream under.

All of us.

You, your daddy, your sister and me.


I love you already, Mama



11 comments:

KrisKay said...

Kherington will be a fabulous big sister!!! So happy for the Lietz clan!!

praguegirl said...

You brought tears to my eyes! Congrats on another girl. So happy and excited for you.

trkohleffel said...

Congrats!! Having a sister is awesome - well most of the time. What a blessing.

Jessica said...

Congratulations to everyone - the entire family! I can't wait to learn of the sweet girl's name so that I, too, can call her by name!

Keep taking care of yourself, Chelsea! So excited for you!!!

Brooke said...

Tears!!!! So happy!!!! ;)

Mel Bowman said...

Congrats! What a lovely pair you'll have :).

Paige said...

So excited for your sweet sisters! :-)
Paige

Casey J said...

I knew it! Yay for little girls!! Congrats Chels. :)

Jenni said...

Yay for sisters! I have two handsome boys close in age to these two....just sayin! :) <3

sissy000 said...

Sissy and TaiPan are overjoyed to learn of the arrival of a second beautiful Lietz girl! God continues to shine on your loving family. We are so blessed and thankful.

Maria Claudia said...

Your baby girls are so lucky to have such a beautiful mommy! You're so eloquent!

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits