Tuesday, June 14, 2011

On Parenthood and Blogging

We are home!  We returned around midnight last night.  Some stories and photos to share, soon.

Life is changing so quickly.  And so wonderfully.

My little family is growing and thriving.  My marriage makes me happy.  My faith fills me with love and glory.

Life is just so beautiful.

I've thrown myself into parenthood, making a giggly little girl my world.  And yet still making time for my family, my friends, and the things that I love... like photography, reading, writing, and our pets.  

Some parents swear they won't let parenthood change who they are.  And while I understand the idea of not letting children swallow you whole and push away the things you once loved.... how can becoming a parent not redefine who you are?

My family does define who I am.  And I have no qualms about that.

I'm a mommy.  That will never change and I will never want to shed that skin.  I think it has made me a better all-around person.

It has made me busier, for sure.

Children grow quickly.  And I want to spend my time coloring on the kitchen floor, jumping on the trampoline, splashing in the bath tub, and learning animal sounds as we stroll around the ranch. 

As Kherington becomes more independent, she requires less of my time but requests more of it.

So I find myself writing less and living more.

And I'm okay with that.

But don't worry, faithful readers (hi grandma!), this blog isn't going anywhere.

Sharing photos, thoughts, and stories about my life and my kiddo(s) is nearly as much fun as blowing bubbles on the front porch...

1 comment:

Maria Claudia said...

You have such a gift for sharing those beautiful moments in your life so eloquently! Thanks for always making me smile, and sometimes cry. Love ya!

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits