Thursday, July 14, 2011

"6 lbs 11 oz, and OU Still Sucks!"

Today after my OB visit and the requisite nasty glucose test, we had some excitement.


We scheduled Hadley's delivery... October 7, 2011.


Right smack in the middle of OU weekend.

I have a feeling we will never again have sex in the month of January.


Let me explain...  We are die-hard Longhorn fans.  We have season tickets, we tailgate, we bleed burnt orange.  And every OU weekend, Skip's parents treat us to a family getaway in Dallas to attend the Texas v. Oklahoma football game.  It is a wonderful tradition and always fun.  Skip has only missed 2 or 3 years in his entire life... mostly from serving overseas.


I knew I wouldn't be able to attend this year.  But I was holding out hope that Skip could go with his family and then rush home with a victory to celebrate his daughter's birth.


But it seems life has different plans.  With Hadley's delivery on Friday, we will be watching the football game from the comfort of our hospital room.  {Just like Kherington and Daddy watched Longhorn basketball when she was born.}  But don't worry, we have Longhorn blankets, onesies, and hats for our sweet newborn. Plus "The Eyes of Texas" makes a fine lullaby... just ask Big Sister.


And I hope the rest of the Lietz clan will still go to the game.  Hadley will be waiting for hugs and kisses on Sunday or Monday!


The upside?  We have the actual date we should meet Baby Sister!  And... I had this gut feeling that I was going to go into labor over that weekend anyway, when everyone was gone.


But... I did sweet talk my doctor into putting us on waiting lists to deliver the 10th or 11th.

Is it wrong to hope someone goes into labor early?  And why did so many other couples celebrate Kherington's birthday?!

Waiting those few extra days to meet Hadley would be torture for me... but it would make her Daddy awfully happy... and 10/10/11 or 10/11/11 are cooler birthdates anyway.


So... unless things change...







and we have 2 OU tickets for sale...

2 comments:

Jenni said...

People with October birthdays are just AWESOME anyway! ;) Just ask me and Lukey!

praguegirl said...

OMG, Nolan was born on October 6th. And I scheduled it mid-week so I could be home on Saturday for football...yes, that was my motivation for Nolan's due date. And Auburn wasn't even playing a good team that week, but I didn't want to miss College Game Day.

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits