Thursday, September 22, 2011

Daddy's Girl

I just read a blog that had me bawling.  I mean BAWLING.

 It is a sweet list written by a Daddy of the way all fathers should treat their daughters.  Seriously, bawling.  Wet shirt, hard to breathe, hand over my heart, snot on my face bawling.

It made me so grateful for my amazing Daddy. (yes, I'm nearly 30 with two kids and I can call him daddy if I want to)  And so, so excited for Skip and our daughters. 

Daughters that are loved like Kherington, Hadley, and I are by our fathers are blessed beyond measure. Am I right, girls?

Life is so, so beautiful, and the father-daughter bond is one of the most precious things.

Please, please go read the list by Michael Mitchell:  (with tissue in hand)
http://www.fromdatestodiapers.com/50-rules-for-dads-of-daughters

And then, check out his blog because it is pretty awesome:
http://lifetoheryears.com/


"Remember, just like a butterfly, she too will spread her wings and fly some day. Enjoy her caterpillar years."

3 comments:

KrisKay said...

Very touching! I heart my daddy! And I heart my goddaughter!

Bobbie said...

I wasn't quite bawling, but crying for sure:) For me, having a lousy "dad", makes me appreciate Sam SO much more. I always want Ainsley to know how blessed she is!

3 dogs and a baby said...

OK, I need to go to go fix my face as I now have puffy, swollen eyes :-).

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits