Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Soundtrack of Love

In the middle of 2009, I heard the words I'd been longing to hear... "You're pregnant!" And I cried tears of joy. (immense joy after two miscarriages and two long years)

Two nerve-wracking weeks later I heard a sound that would forever change my life... a healthy, thriving heartbeat from deep in my womb.

A few glowing months later, I heard the surprising words "it's a girl!" and they rocked my world.

4,000 tiny kicks later, another sound stole my heart... I heard my firstborn cry for the first time and my heart nearly exploded with joy and pride and immeasurable gratitude.

When her cheeks were round and chubby and her breath was milky sweet, tiny giggles filled our home and my cheerful heart giggled along.

Shortly before her first Christmas, this daughter of mine made another memorable sound. She called me "Mama" for the first time and I didn't think I'd ever hear anything more beautiful.

But I was wrong.

Today I dropped Kherington off at church and she gave me a big hug said "LUH BOO!"

Which translates to "I love you."

She said it all on her own and I thought I'd die of extreme happiness right then and there.

That is pure love.

And I felt pure joy. Bawling in the church day care with those tiny arms wrapped around my neck

This life is making the most precious kind of symphony.

I'm listening.

And I LUH BOO, too, Kherington.

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

*sniffle sniffle* Happy tears! SO happy for you x2!!!

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits