Monday, February 27, 2012

The Best is Yet to Come...

I turn 30 years old today.

An age that just a decade ago seemed almost ancient.

But today all it means to me is happiness and fulfillment.

I am so very blessed.

I am happy and healthy and saved by grace.

I am living the life I have always wanted.

I have a good man to love and two beautiful, healthy children that make my world go ‘round.

I am surrounded by animals and beauty and laughter. I have a close-knit extended family, an uplifting church, and friends that inspire me to be a better person.

I have a happy home, fulfilling work, creative outlets, and inspiration. I am comfortable in my own skin.

I honestly have all I need, all I want, and all I have ever dreamed of.

But I’m not done dreaming yet.

I want the simple things in life… to sit on the front porch and watch my babies grow, to dance with my husband, to eat oreo cheesecake.

I want to enjoy live music, take pretty pictures, and drink a cold beer in the bright sunshine.

I want to give love, receive love, and keep passion alive.

I want to laugh with friends, wear burnt orange, eat good food, and watch Skip in rodeos.

I want to look out the window and see big sister boost little sister into the saddle. I want to know the love of many good dogs. I want to read a book in the springtime with the sound of a tractor in the distance and the sweet smell of fresh-cut grass on the breeze.

I want to embrace the imperfections of life and choose joy. I want to make a lot of mistakes but continue to learn from them.

Perhaps I will get to see Daddy teach a little brother a jump shot and a lay-up.

Mostly I want to spend the next 30 years reliving my childhood… playing “Ring Around The Rosie” until I’m blue in the face, making mud pies, relearning calculus, taking family vacations, cheering at volleyball games, playing tooth fairy, kissing boo-boos, gaining sons-in-law, holding hands to pray.

These simple things make up a life.

The very life I am living and dreaming. But I have bigger dreams, too.

I want to walk where Jesus walked.

I want to see the northern lights reflected in my children’s eyes.

Oh, to see the world!

I want to use my talents to accomplish good.

No, great.

I want to encourage a friend to know and accept Christ as their personal savior. Trite as it may be, I want to leave the world a better place. One Christian at a time. One child at a time. One mission trip at a time. One prayer at a time.

I want to grow my business and pursue my passions. Lucky for me, they are one and the same.

I want to be a better wife, mother, friend, and Christian every day... I have so much to learn! I want to be the woman my daughters think I am.

Perhaps someday I will publish a book. I certainly know I will read my fair share.

I want to help my children discover their own dreams and then remind them that they are attainable and worthy.

I want to continue to dream. Continue to grow. Continue to love.

And may I never forget the pure joy and contentment that I feel today, on the thirtieth anniversary of my birth.

Thank you to everyone who has made my life what it is and who will continue with me on the adventure ahead.

Life is so very, very beautiful.

God is good.

I'm thirty years old today and it's a good place to be.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Happy Birthday my friend! I hope all you dreams come true. xoxo

Bobbie said...

Blessed to be a small part of it all...can't wait for the next 30!!!

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits