Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Much!"

Dear Kherington,

You are so much fun to be around these days!

You are energetic and playful and communicative.

You say the most adorable things...  some words with a cute but unexpected southern twang.

"OHH-kay Mama."  "One. two. three. four. Faaahyve."

You have never been a big snuggler. But in the mornings you lay on top of me like I'm your own personal lounge chair. At unexpected moments you throw you arms around me and say "Much Mommy!"  Or take my face in your hands, turn it toward you and lay on a big wet kiss.

You are always concerned with your sister.  Checking on her, helping her, feeding her, making sure I don't forget her anywhere.  When you wake up in the morning you ask if "Had-ee" is awake or sleeping.  When she wakes you say "Had-ee! Awake! Happy! Rise! Shine! Had-ee! Much! Sister hungry, Mama! Milk!"

You can command an audience.  Sometimes you demand everyone's attention so that you can "do a show."  You dance around and sing songs with made-up and random words.  You wait for our applause and then clap for yourself.

You used to ask for help a thousand times a day. But your independence is taking over and when we offer to help with something you want to do yourself, you shout "I TRY!" When you don't want to share you claim something as "Mies!"  And when you do share, you demand extra credit for doing so.

We have been drilling manners into you, and you have "thank you" down pat. Except you say "Nan Nu,"  Mork and Mindy style.  You are so good about thanking me for the hundreds of things I do for you in a day.  But God forbid I forget to say "you're welcome!"  If you thank someone and they don't acknowledge it, you will repeat yourself over and over, pull on them for attention, and get in their face until they say "you're welcome." But I'll take it.

You have a routine every night after we put you in bed, a script that Daddy started with you that you now demand before lights out.  We both say "night-night, sweet dreams, much!" And then you give us a kiss through every slat in your crib. It doesn't get any cuter than that.

You still love books. But a new favorite activity is playing on our smart phones.  You love Monkey Lunchbox and it amazes me what all you can do!  puzzles, counting, colors, bigger or smaller, matching memory games, etc.  Another favorite is a drag and drop puzzle game that gets progressively harder, with images of cows and other animals.

When I pick you up from school, I usually hear the following demands:  "Mama! Crackers! Juice! Cow Puzzle! Shoes Off! Dora! Pease!"

You are SLOWLY coming around to potty training.  Suspiciously you are most interested in trying right before nap time and bed time when you urgently squeeze your legs together and sit on the potty reading book after book insisting that you need to go. I know what you are up to, but it's not like I can discourage potty sitting right now!  You have had 3 or 4 successes and get the idea... I'm just waiting for you to decide you are ready to be a big girl.

And you are a big girl. I can't believe it.  I still call you "baby" and I dote on the babyness you still possess, like your golden curls and chubby thighs.

But each day you learn and grow and I cherish these moments along the way as you become your own person. You are smart and kindhearted and incredible.

I love you so very MUCH, KherBear.

From one Miss Manners to another, Mama

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

sissy000 said...

cKherington is so fortunate to have a loving eloquent mom. She will love reading Mom's Blog as a young woman who will someday have her own children. I cannot imagine what form of communication will be current in those days! I love you Kherington! Sissy

Bobbie said...

LOVE <3

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits