Tuesday, June 5, 2012

On Family


I have always had the feeling that our family isn't quite complete yet.

I yearn for another child.

Do you think I'm crazy?

{As I write this my two year old is being a BEAST}

But I have so much more love to give!

I want the crazy, chaotic, love-filled life that many children bring.

Don't worry, we aren't ready just yet.

But that doesn't mean I don't think about it.

A third child has been on my heart this week.

We've left our options open and the discussion open concerning a biological child or an adopted child.

I am completely open to either.

Hell, I'm open to both. But I'm pretty sure my husband would have something to say about that!

I would love to give an adopted child a forever home. A family to call his own. A different face to smile out from our family Christmas card. I would love to give my adopted son the same honorable name as his adopted grandfather. I find adoption so very beautiful and the calling is there.

And yet I would love to feel a child grow within my womb again. To create another that carries our genes so that we can see the similarities and differences between siblings as they grow. A son so that people could say "oh, you finally got your boy! now you can be done" or another gorgeous girl so that they could say "three girls, you're in trouble, Dad!"

Of course there is a lot more to the decision.

Either way, I'm going to be over the moon ECSTATIC.

And either way I'm going to be a tiny bit sad.


3 comments:

Just Another Day In Paradise said...

Adoption rocks. And we get all of those comments- with 3 adopted girls. "Now you need to try for a boy" (right). "Oh goodness youre in trouble with 3 girls!" Now im trying to get my husband to adopt 2 more (girls) and be done.

Lindsey said...

I am feeling that way too!! These past couple of weeks, with our younger son turning 1, I am craving another baby. Hubby often says that he is just fine with 2 kids - there are only 2 of us.

But I've always wanted a BIG family. I see us sitting down at the dinner table in 20+ years surrounded by our kids and their spouses in their different stages of life. (Plus, the more kids you have, the more chances you get for grandkids!!)

And lately, I've been picturing what a little girl would look like with our combined genes...

But it is HARD. My sons are 2 years, 2 months apart. As you know, that has its pros and cons. So I'm wondering if it wouldn't be best to wait longer for a 3rd. But then again, once it gets easy with these guys, will I want to go through all the hard infant stuff again?

There's so much to consider!

Bobbie said...

YAY :) You know how I feel!

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits