Thursday, August 9, 2012

Don't Blink


My parents taught me from a young age to embrace life and enjoy every moment... that sometimes the simple things are the big things.

I've always seen the beauty in the world and embraced the common everyday moments that make up a life.

I dreamed of a family and I knew I wanted to be present in the lives of my children. {and spouse!}

When that adventure began I was blessed beyond measure to take my babies to work with me.  Because it was important to me- to hold them close and to work.

And now I am even further blessed to own my own business that makes me crazy happy, and to be home with my children. The best of both worlds.

I know I've got it good.  But sometimes it is easy to forget- when clients are waiting for their photos, Kherington has peed on the floor, Hadley is crying and pulling at my legs (and shirt!), dinner is about to burn, the dog needs to go out, the phone is ringing, the laundry needs to be put away, the dishes are dirty, etc, etc.

So sometimes I need a gentle reminder to appreciate what I've been given and to slow down and LIVE each moment. They go so very fast.

One of my favorite people, Hadley's God Mother, shared this music video and it really hit home.

I get to be home with my kids.  I GET TO BE HOME WITH MY KIDS.

I don't have to miss their big moments.  Or even their small ones.

The song reinforces my blessings and reminds me not to take them for granted.  When I get down on the floor to play with my girls, I leave the phone and the computer and the TV out of it. (though sometimes not the camera!) I AM PRESENT.

That's the goal, and this is the reminder...


1 comment:

sissy000 said...

Okay, thank you for the early morning cry. What a beautiful song by Vassar and what wonderful words by you. We are truly blessed to have the lives we have.
I love you! Mom

Search This Blog

Get our Updates by Email!

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

People that think they know me

credits